1. Confidential interviews with ex-Satanists.
2. Interview by Dr. Al Carlisle with a Black Prince recorded in Stratford, L. Satan's Underground, p. 144.
4. Confidential interview with ex-Illuminatus.
5. Schrag, John, art. "Skeleton in His Closet", Willamette Week (Sept 19-25, 1991), p. 10.
6. linger, Merrill F. Demons In The World Today. Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Pub., 1971, p. 28.
7. For study of this cf. Codrington, R.H. The Melanesians; Spenser, W.B. and F.J. Gillen. The Native Tribes of Central Australia and The Northern Tribes of Central Australia; Ellis, A.B. The Tshi-Speaking People of the Gold Coasr. Westermarck, E. Ritual and Belief in Morocco; Lowie, R.H. Primitive Religion.
9. Levi, E. Transcendental Magic, trans. Waite. London: England, n.d. pp. 24f
10. The wording of this quote is taken from ex-33° Mason Jim Shaw's book The Deadly Deception. Lafayette, LA: Huntington House, Inc., 1988. The wording also may be found in Revised Duncan's Ritual of Freemasonry, Part 1, by Malcolm C. Duncan, Behrens Pub. Co.,Danbury, Conn. 1922, p. 30 where the entire Entered Apprentice ritual is given. The Knights Templar magazine (9/1988) p. 21 indicates that a few Grand Lodges have recently experimented with doing away with the blood-curdling oaths on penalty of death, and substituting the use of the more moderate oath on penalty of "expulsion from the Fraternity." This was done as an expedient to raise recruiting levels.
Was this article helpful?