1. Trial Transcript of the Douglas Walsh Trial, 1954. Witness, Inc., Clayton, CA. has reprinted the full transcript.
2. Franz, Ray. Crisis of Conscience. Atlanta, GA: Commentary Press, 1983, p.73. As Vice-Pres. Fred made the motion limiting powers, but turned around and opposed it when voting.
3. Cole, Marley. Jehovah's Witnesses, The New World Society. NY: Vantage Press, 1955. Also see WT, May 1, 1987, p.24.
4. ibid.-both references, plus other sources give 1913 as the date.
5. Convention reports attest to his talks as early as 1921.
7. Harrison. Visions of Glory, p. 143.
8. Douglas Walsh v. The Right Honorable James Latham Clyde, M.P., P.C., Scotland, 1954, trial transcript, p. 88.
9. New World Translation, 1970 ed., "Forward",p.6.
10. Russ Pine has done four films that hopefully will become available at some time. They are The Naked Truth (TNT), Matrix of Power, Ancient Egypt-Light of the World, and Modern Day Religion.
11. Heintze A. and Dr. Paul Cascorbi. Die Deutschen Familiennamen geschichtlich, geographisch, sprachlich. Berlin: Ger. Buchhandlung des Waisenhausers, G.m.b.H., 1933, p. 199.
12. Denslow, 10,000 Famous Freemasons, Vol. IV, p. 224.
14. WTMay 1, 1987 and other references.
15. "Rhodes, Cecil John" art. Ency. Brit. Vol 19, 1960 ed.,p.258.
18. Still, William T. New World Order. Lafayette, LA.: Huntington House, 1990, p. 151.
21. Various books about his life mention this, incl. Ency. Brit, Vol. 19, 1960 ed., p. 258.
24. Webster's Biographical Dictionary. Springfield, MS: G. & C. Merriam Co.,Pub., 1972, p. 1253.
25. Interview by author with an individual who had worked for De Beers.
26. Webster's Biographical Dictionary, p. 1253.
27. Various articles incl. Ency. Brit, Vol. 19, 1960 ed. pp. 258-260.
28. "Rhodes Scholarships" art. in Ency. Brit, Vol. 19, 1960 ed.
29. Various talks with ex-JWs, especially Russ Pine who has been studying the Governing Body for 31 years.
30. Report by a JW elder, and based on an older WT associate.
31. Franz, Ray. Crisis of Conscience. pp. 83-84.
32. Cole, Marley. Jehovah's Witnesses, p. 213.
33. Douglas Walsh Trial Transcript, p. 394
35. A sample of WT thinking in this mode is, "Since 1919 this 'faithful and discreet slave,' who is a composite person made up of all anointed Christian joint heirs of Jesus Christ, has been taking care of 'all his belongings' on earth The governing body of the 'faithful and discreet slave' class is taken from the members of this same anointed, spirit-filled class, by God's spirit it is functioning. So, then, when the appointment of overseers is made by this governing body in harmony with the requirements laid down for overseers, it is really by the spirit that such overseers are appointed, although through human intermediaries." WT, Jan. 15,1958,p.46.
37. Statements by relative of a high WT official indicating awareness of the important connections between the WT Society and the Masonic Lodge.
38. Analysis of references such as Zubatsky, David S. & Irwin M. Berent. Jewish Genealogy A Sourcebook of Family Histories, and Genealogies. NY: Garland Pub., Inc., 1984.
40. The answer to the Author's phone call on 1/29/91 inquiring about the Governing body, "We don't give out that information, but we'll send you some information about the
Jehovah's Witnesses." The only information the Author received was two Jehovah's Witnesses at his door with WTs and Awakels.
41. Information concerning the homosexual activities of WT Governing Body members comes from confidential sources who have left Bethel headquarters. People risk a lot when they say anything about an organization with so much power over so many people, even this Author.
42. Leek, Sybil. The Complete Art of Witchcraft. NY: World Pub. Co.,p. 169
45. For instance,see George Foote Moore's work Judaism.
47. Hall, Manly P. America's Assignment with Destiny. Los Angeles, CA.: Philosophical Research Society, p. 44-5.
48. Hall, Manly P. The Secret Teachings of All Ages, p. CXXVI
50. This quote is from Bergman, Jerry. The Mental Health of Jehovah's Witnesses. Clayton,CA: Witness, Inc., p.86.
51. 1978 Yearbook, p. 259
Was this article helpful?
Tap into your inner power today. Discover The Untold Secrets Used By Experts To Tap Into The Power Of Your Inner Personality Help You Unleash Your Full Potential. Finally You Can Fully Equip Yourself With These “Must Have” Personality Finding Tools For Creating Your Ideal Lifestyle.