45. Quinn, op. cit., pp. 27-111. Photos in the back of Quinn's book also are helpful in learning about the items. See also Tanner, Jerald and Sandra. Mormonism. Magic and Masonry. Salt Lake City, UT: Utah Lighthouse Ministry, 1988.
46. Tanner, Jerald & Sandra. Mormonism- Shadow or Reality. Salt Lake City, UT: Utah Lighthouse Ministry, 1982, p.49-c.
47. Quinn, op. cit., p. 28 (Lapham 1870, 2:384; also Shipp's 1985, 8; Hedengren 1985, 148; D. Morgan 1986, 220-21, along with Tanner's Mormonism. Magic and Masonry. 1988, p. 18.
48. Tanners, J. & S. Mormonism. Magic and Masonry, pp. 47-52.
49. Besterman, Theodore. Crystal-Gazing. New Hyde Park, NY: University Books, 1965, p. 27.
52. ibid. See also "The Rodsmen" 1828; Frisbie 1867, 52; Hemenway 1877, 3:814.)
55. For example In the Proceeding of the Grand Encampment of Knights Templars. 34th Triennial Conclave, printed in Louisville, KT for the Grand Encampment in 1919, p.595 we learn that out of 15 Grand Commanders for the whole state of New York, Palmyra a tiny town has provided 2 G.C.s and the nearby village of Elmira has provided 1 other New York G.C. Considering the size of New York City during this entire period, this is truly remarkable that such a village would provide so much leadership.
56. Friedman, Lee M. Jewish Pioneers & Patriots. Philadelphia, PA: Jewish Pub. Soc, 1942, pp. 110-113.
62. ibid., and see Western Repository. 6 Dec, 1808; H.Adams, 1817, p. 203; Paul, 1982, p. 347.
Was this article helpful?