32. Confidential Bible Student sources. Obviously this is a delicate situation for an informant. Verna Peal travelled with Rutherford internationally, and was his "nurse". See Bonnie Boyd Heath's testimony for the New York Supreme Court, court transcript pp. 1364-1370. Bonnie Boyd was his devout secretary, from 1923 to his death, she even signed his death certificate Bonnie Boyd. She had a quick Los Vegas marriage to Heath, but lived with Rutherford at his mansion. Rutherford's fascination with bare-breasted women is quite evident just by looking at the many WT illustrations of topless or nude women in their publications during his reign as President.
33. This paragraph is compilation of indictments made against Rutherford from a host of sources. Some of these sources are a. Letter from W.F. Salter (4/1/37) to Joseph Rutherford. Olin R. Moyle's 7/21/39 letter to Rutherford which says much of the same things that Salter's says. Rutherford's mansion at Beth Sarim is mentioned in Time Magazine 3/31/30 and the San Diego Sun 1/9/31, and photocopies of these are reproduced in Duane Magnani's book Danger At Your Door, published by Witness, Inc.
34. The Cyclopaedia of American Biography, Vol. ?, p.545 and ? 34a. History of Allegheny Co., p. 702-704.
35. List do Chrzescijan Nr. 149 (orig.in Polish) The Ger. version is Brief an Christen-This is a German trans, of Detroit Bible Student Stanley's letter concerning what his Bible Student (Jehovah's Witnesses) parents who lived in Pittsburgh,PA had experienced. They were friends of Maria Francis Ackley, and left the Society after Russell died. The items in the letter have not been substantiated, but there were Stanleys in the early Pittsburgh congregation.
36. A.H. Macmillan. "History of the WT Society, 1910-1920"
37. Souvenir Report of the Bible Student Convention, Pittsburgh, PA 1/2-5/1919, p.7
Was this article helpful?
This work on 2012 will attempt to note them allfrom the concepts andinvolvement by the authors of the Bible and its interpreters and theprophecies depicted in both the Hopi petroglyphs and the Mayan calendarto the prophetic uttering of such psychics, mediums, and prophets asNostradamus, Madame Blavatsky, Edgar Cayce, and Jean Dixon.