Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when these things will be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
Christ answered them by saying that a number of things would happen before His return. These are given in Matthew 24:4-13 and listed below:
1. Many people will be deceived by false teachers and false prophets.
2. There will be wars and rumours of wars.
3. There will be famines.
4. There will be pestilences.
5. There will be earthquakes.
6. The Jews will be killed and hated by all nations.
How absolutely accurate the Bible is. These events have all been happening over hundreds of years since the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. However, these are not the signs of His imminent return, because Jesus goes on to say in Matthew 24:8 that they are only the beginning of sorrows.
Jesus stated two important signs to watch for, which will indicate that His return is very close:
1. The gospel of the Kingdom will be preached to the whole world as a witness to all nations.
2. The Great Tribulation.
Let us now consider each of these signs in turn.
Was this article helpful?
If Pregnancy Is Something That Frightens You, It's Time To Convert Your Fear Into Joy. Ready To Give Birth To A Child? Is The New Status Hitting Your State Of Mind? Are You Still Scared To Undergo All The Pain That Your Best Friend Underwent Just A Few Days Back? Not Convinced With The Answers Given By The Experts?