Well so far here is how the allegory breaks out:
1. We will see that Othniel is a type of Jesus, and
2. Achsah is a type of the Bride of Christ.
3. Caleb is a type of the Father God.
4. Debir or Kirjathsepher is a type of the church,
5. Capturing Debir is the judgment on the church,
6. the field is a type of the world and
7. the upper and nether springs of water are speaking of the former and latter rain.
8. The inheritance of the tribe of the children of Judah is also a reference to the earth, the land of promise.
This is not saying that the Children of Israel are not promised the land of Canaan as the Lord spoke to Abraham in Genesis 12. We are simply generalizing and looking at a bigger picture. The promised land can also mean the Kingdom of God.
Was this article helpful?
Finally, The Ultimate Guide To Changing Your Life Forever... Get Your Hands On The Ultimate Guide For Live Improvement Through The Art Of Positive Thinking And Let It's Magic Change Your Life Forever! Discover How Ordinary People Can Live Extraordinary Lives Through The Power Of Positive Thinking